Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-12 > 1324919120

From: Janis Walker Gilmore <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Question about Source Citations and My Rootsmagic Software
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 12:05:53 -0500

Ginger,

I echo Connie. I find that the more polished my genealogical skills, the
less interested I am in my genealogical software. I am fine with it leaving
things in the wrong place to some extent, because I don't use anything
straight from the software except for the occasional graphic tree.

The software is a convenient way to store data, but it is only a reference
point and not an end in itself. So I don't sweat the imperfect citations--I
just try to write them as perfectly as possible in a report, narrative,
timeline, or other output.

Janis Walker Gilmore
Pawleys Island, SC