Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-12 > 1324941204

From: Patricia Hobbs <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Question about Source Citations and My Rootsmagic Software
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 17:13:24 -0600
References: <1324600596.17406.YahooMailClassic@web162303.mail.bf1.yahoo.com><CAOhjMgRrrbuP6e1adsqJU1p-dMhDLV+U2PPK6D5J9d-erp7Qpw@mail.gmail.com><00a901ccc2b3$ccb01c90$661055b0$@com><201112251721.pBPHLGAf019527@mail.rootsweb.com><005301ccc333$4ae805d0$e0b81170$@com><201112252100.pBPL01BT020461@mail.rootsweb.com><1324863304.42133.YahooMailNeo@web120505.mail.ne1.yahoo.com><BAY145-ds2110AEE5F0D4A4BC5057AB92AE0@phx.gbl><1324936395.78468.YahooMailNeo@web120501.mail.ne1.yahoo.com><065201ccc421$a389be60$ea9d3b20$@comcast.net>

Even though I recognize that Kathy is more expert than I, I have researched
at the NC Archives, and you don't need to know the CR number to get the
records. The estate files and wills are in boxes alphabetically, and you
just need to ask for the county, "wills" or "estates," and the surname of
interest. At least that's my recollection. It's been more than a year,
though, so perhaps I'm not remembering correctly. I was writing a client
report from my research at the archives, and I used Elizabeth's format
withOUT the CR number. Even though I normally would have thought it would
be something a person might include in a citation, I knew I hadn't needed
it to ask for the records.

Patti