Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-12 > 1324948807

From: Patricia Hobbs <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Question about Source Citations and My Rootsmagic Software
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 19:20:07 -0600
References: <1324600596.17406.YahooMailClassic@web162303.mail.bf1.yahoo.com><CAOhjMgRrrbuP6e1adsqJU1p-dMhDLV+U2PPK6D5J9d-erp7Qpw@mail.gmail.com><00a901ccc2b3$ccb01c90$661055b0$@com><201112251721.pBPHLGAf019527@mail.rootsweb.com><005301ccc333$4ae805d0$e0b81170$@com><201112252100.pBPL01BT020461@mail.rootsweb.com><1324863304.42133.YahooMailNeo@web120505.mail.ne1.yahoo.com><BAY145-ds2110AEE5F0D4A4BC5057AB92AE0@phx.gbl><1324936395.78468.YahooMailNeo@web120501.mail.ne1.yahoo.com><065201ccc421$a389be60$ea9d3b20$@comcast.net><CAE45C4vLJXAPakgX=EU-q6z5zbHcqp4Ev952ygLbdsY6_Vj-XQ@mail.gmail.com><4EF91938.5070800@carolina.rr.com>

I wasn't making any comment on what you said, Kathy. We know that reasons
for including information in a citation is to evaluate its quality and to
be able to give information that the document can be accessed by someone
else. Therefore, I only put what I did and didn't mean to imply that you
said that or that I was trying to correct anything you said. If part of
the reason for including the record group is to be able to retrieve the
information, you don't need it. That's why I was comfortable using
Elizabeth's format without the record group. I also have never requested a
document by mail. My frame of reference was filling out the call tag in
order to acquire the documents on site. Patti

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Kathy Gunter Sullivan, CG <