Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-12 > 1325120306

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Want to go professional & need advice
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:58:26 -0500

Don't forget the archives of this very list are chock full of information on
this often-asked question of fees, contracts and what it takes to become a
professional. The earliest posts were a good concentration of such
information and the subject has come up every now and then.

The Boston University Genealogical Research Certificate program also spends
two weeks (just changed from one week) on the topic of what it takes to be a
professional including creating a contract.

The Institute for Genealogy and Historic Research (IGHR) at Samford
University has a Professional course every other year in odd-numbered years.

The ProGenStudy.org group that Harold mentions is also a very good
educational option.

Best wishes,
Elissa who is involved in all of the above

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL
www.PowellGenealogy.com
www.GRIPitt.org
CG, Certified Genealogist, CGL, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
Service Marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under
license by board certificants after periodic evaluations by the Board and
the board name is a trademark registered in the US Patent and Trademark
Office.

This thread: