Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-12 > 1325358103

Subject: Re: [TGF] A sensitive topic
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 19:01:43 +0000 (UTC)

Karen, Mary, Peggy, Susan, Denise, Kim, Kathy, Trevia, Harold, Dave, and ALL others,

Your input is quite helpful and very encouraging. I have studied and studied about the right thing to do and I feel leaving history – words, phrases, and all – intact is in order. Thus, I will be able to maintain the integrity of this man’s life history, in his own words.

Denise, Kim, Kathy, Peggy, I love all your comments.

I visited the website Trevia suggested and checked the neighborhood guide. It is quite a useful tool. I have already done much of what is suggested in this guide, but have picked up a few more ideas to use. Thank you Trevia, for sending me the link. And I visited the link from Susan. Very good ideas, too.

Harold and Dave, I have considered my audience and they will be mostly locals and those who have ever had any connection with this former neighborhood. I am assuming hunters and anglers and wildlife watchers will also be interested since many of the foundations, chimneys, and all cemeteries are found in this area that once comprised this neighborhood, and this is in an area used by sportsmen. The language stays.

Having grown up at the Mason-Dixon Line, many views were southern AND northern. I guess that is why I find this topic so sensitive. Yes, Mary, I am so lucky to receive such a great gift of history. This is something I will treasure because it is another valuable window into the past for this neighborhood, family, and friends. Karen, the readers will have a full picture of the past.

As I continue with the TGF I learn more beneficial things. Thanks to all!

Cheryl Proctor

Southern Indiana