Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2012-01 > 1325801903

From: Connie Sheets <>
Subject: [TGF] Preparing Beginner Presentations
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:18:23 -0800 (PST)

I would like to hear from those experienced in making presentations along the lines of "introduction to genealogy" to community groups (e.g., at a local library), primarily in terms of what can reasonably be covered in one hour.

I'm experienced in my "real profession" developing and delivering presentations and training programs, but I tend to have a very interactive style and consider myself a teacher or trainer, but not a lecturer.  Keeping to a rigid timeline or a script is not my strongest suit (in fact, I won't even try to keep to a script), so I could use your thoughts in terms of what would be the most important ideas to cover and what I might expect to be able to cover in one hour.

Connie Sheets

This thread: