Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2012-04 > 1333745248

From: <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] reading the 1940 census images
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 15:47:28 -0500

Mary wrote:
>Reading page by page through the 1940 census brings to my mind the days I
got up at 5 am to drive 180 miles to the National Archives branch in Kansas
City to read film until the staff closed the doors on me late in the
afternoon. Then I drove the 180 miles home again. I'm sure this is one of
the causes of my wearing tri-focal lenses today.

Mary, I'll chalk one up in your column and try to outdo you. :) I remember
the year I spent every lunch hour, the *whole* year, at the university
library next door to the office where I worked--reading the 1840 census of
Louisiana, line by line, page by page, looking for my mother-in-law's
great-grandfather.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG
The Evidence Series, www.EvidenceExplained.com