Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2013-08 > 1376520405

From: Michael Hait <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Obituaries and Newspapers
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:46:45 -0400

Obviously we all appreciate the work you do as Member Benefits Coordinator
for APG.

However, were you aware that professional genealogists could not use
GenealogyBank for professional use at the time that you approached them? Did
they make it clear to you when you asked for a discounted rate for APG
members that this was their policy?

Personally, I question the appropriateness of offering a discount to this
site as a "benefit" of membership, when APG members---the vast majority of
whom conduct research for clients---are explicitly barred from using the
site for business purposes. APG is a professional organization, not a
discount warehouse for hobby tools.

Michael Hait, CG(sm)

http://www.haitfamilyresearch.com
"Planting the Seeds" Blog: http://michaelhait.wordpress.com

CG and Certified Genealogist are service marks of the Board for
after periodic competency evaluation, and the board name is registered in
the US Patent & Trademark Office.