TRIER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > TRIER-ROOTS > 1997-11 > 0878501480

From: David Paul Meyer <>
Subject: Re: Lost Cousins
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 12:11:20 -0800

Dear Pat,
It was very gracious of you to take the time to reply and do the lookups. Thank
you! I will be posting a query soon and will be writing to my (hopefully) cousins
also. I will let you know if I have any success. Mother doesn't even remember the
town and I ran the names by her but couldn't jog her memory. Heinrich (Henry) and
Alexander are definitely family names so I, of course, am optimistic. I too have
concluded that Horn-Bad Meinberg must be the right Horn, family tradition has
always included some form of "Bad" or another... Is Horn a part of Bad Meinberg or
vice-versa? Thanks again.
Yours Truly, David

Pat Cotter wrote:

> I'd like to invite you to include your surnames/a query at the
> Nordrhein-Westfalen GermanyGenWeb page at the link below.
>
> Does your Mother have any idea on the addresses/names of the people she
> used to correspond with? Their families might still live in the same
> houses... I have two German Phone book cd's and might be able to find them.
> There is also one on the internet (see links on my NR-WF page for the URL)
>
> There are LOTS of Meyers and Meiers but here are the Hausmann names and the
> one Miller. There are lots of Muellers
>
> Hausmann, Fromhausener Str. 45, 32805 Horn-Bad Meinberg, 05234-69501
> Hausmann Heinrich, Fromhausener Str. 43, 32805 Horn-Bad Meinberg, 05234-2231
> Hausmann Waltraud, Königsberger Allee 11, 32805 Horn-Bad Meinberg, 05234-99681
>
> Miller Alexander, Tannenweg 5, 32805 Horn-Bad Meinberg, 05234-1481
>
> BTW, I am assuming Horn-Bad Meinberg is the right Horn because it seems to
> be the only one in Lippe, Detmold.
>
> Pat Cotter
>
> At 03:39 PM 10/31/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >My g.gd.father Henry Conrad MEYER, emigrated 1871 from Horn, Lippe,
> >Detmold, Westphalia to N.Y.C. He was bp. Konrad Heinrich MEYER 10Aug1856
> >Evangelish
> Patricia Cotter
> coordinator for Nordrhein-Westfalen (North Rhine - Westphalia)
> Germany , WorldGenWeb
> http://www.rootsweb.com/~cotter/nr-w

This thread: