TRONDELAG-L Archives

Archiver > TRONDELAG > 2002-03 > 1016221045

From: "Odd Erling Hasfjord" <>
Subject: [Tronder] Hasfjord - Nils Rennemo
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:43:25 +0100

Hello!
I have subscribed this list for one week, and are overwhelmed by all the
mail I have received, and how fast the answers comes. Now I try my first
mail:
My name is Odd Erling Hasfjord, and I am a farmer from Overhalla, N-T. My
grandfather, Ottar Hasfjord, came from Vikna. His grandfather, Lorentz
Joensen Ystmark, born ca. 1825, was a son of Nils Rennemo's brother. There
was a Nils Rennemo in some mails on monday, but he must have been younger.
My grandfather's brother Anhard Egelund Hasfjord went to USA in 1891, and
was educated to teolog at the Augsburg university. He was priest in
Augsburg, Minneapolis and finally in Canada. He died 19. apr. 1957. My
family had some contact by mail with his 2. wife many years ago. Her adress
was Konsul Cask. From his 1. marriage with a swedish women, they had 4
children: Johan, Idda, Elen and Åsmund. From his 2. there where also 4
children: Olav, Bjørnstjerne, Asbjørn and Annhild.
An other brother was Kristian Arnold Hasfjord, who was married and went to
America in 1905, and worked there at a railroad company. They had several
children.
Hagbart Hasfjord went to America in 1907, worked as a "timber-man", and came
back in 1916.
Martin Leonard Hasfjord went to America in 1912 and died as missed in the
Canadian Army.
Thats all I know about these brothers whereabouts "over there", perhaps
someone knows some more about them.
mvh
Odd Erling

This thread: