TRONDELAG-L Archives

Archiver > TRONDELAG > 2002-03 > 1016222308

From: Margit <>
Subject: Re: [Tronder] Hasfjord - Nils Rennemo
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:58:33 -0600

Hello Odd Erling,
I find that Anhard (Anton) got his Naturalization Papers in Beltrami County of
Minnesota.
This message board below might be of some help to you.
http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/message/an/surnames.hasfjord/1.3.4

My father was born in Vigna, Norway and emmigrated to the U.S.A. in 1893. He had 2
brothers that also emmigrated at a later date. My grandfather,s name was Kaspar
Benoni Andreassen Hasfjord My father,s name was Anhard, and his brothers were
Kristian and Martin. Would like to exchange any information I might have that will
help you. Please contact me at my e-mail.
***************************************

Margit

Odd Erling Hasfjord wrote:

> My grandfather's brother Anhard Egelund Hasfjord went to USA in 1891, and
> was educated to teolog at the Augsburg university. He was priest in
> Augsburg, Minneapolis and finally in Canada. He died 19. apr. 1957. My
> family had some contact by mail with his 2. wife many years ago. Her adress
> was Konsul Cask. From his 1. marriage with a swedish women, they had 4
> children: Johan, Idda, Elen and Åsmund. From his 2. there where also 4
> children: Olav, Bjørnstjerne, Asbjørn and Annhild.
> An other brother was Kristian Arnold Hasfjord, who was married and went to
> America in 1905, and worked there at a railroad company. They had several
> children.
> Hagbart Hasfjord went to America in 1907, worked as a "timber-man", and came
> back in 1916.
> Martin Leonard Hasfjord went to America in 1912 and died as missed in the
> Canadian Army.

This thread: