Archiver > TRONDELAG > 2005-04 > 1112585742

From: Olaf <>
Subject: Foss or Fossen
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:35:42 -0700

Hi June!
This seems to be her emigrating from Trondheim in 1902:
Here she is working for a schoolteacher in 1900:
And her parents in 1900:
Her mother is shown as Lina, but it was Karoline Iversdatter Snustad Øvre.
Anna sailed on tht Salmo, which would have taken her to Hull, England and
then she would have to catch a transatlantic ship to Quebec (probably).
Tracing that leg is difficult.

My mother was born in1881 in Hommelvik and came to America in about 1902
or 3. Her mother was a Snustad. My mother's name was Anna. I would like
information about how she arrived here and exactly when she arrived and
if any family is still in Norway. June Alsop

This thread: