TUBB-L Archives

Archiver > TUBB > 2003-08 > 1061134435

Subject: Descendants of William C. Tubbs b. 1807 AL or KY
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:33:55 EDT

Terry

I am here....... and for a change actually trying to work on the my Tubbs
line.

I thought maybe some of the descendants of my gr-grandpa Leon Ernest Tubbs
1/2 brothers might join the list so I was going to put something on here
today... all are children of a William Tubbs born abt 1807. He was (I believe!!) the
William that married Rody Dill/Hill. 1850 in Hancock Co. AL. 1860 in Austin
Co. TX. 1870 she is dead.. he is in Perry Co. AL. with John Tubbs born abt
1825. remarried abt 2 weeks after census.. brought new wife and step kids back to
Texas. Austin Co... then by 1880 in Lavaca Co.

Who I am looking for are descendants of Sarah Tubbs born abt. 1843 in Alabama
and married J. L. Rose in Austin Co. Texas. They lived in Lavaca Co. Tx in
1880.

Also looking for descendants of William M. Tubbs born 1837 in Alabama.
Married (1) Sarah E. DUNCAN Thompson abt 1868. (2) Elizabeth F. Rimmer in Austin
Co. Tx. Also lived Lavaca Co. Tx in 1880. Their children were S.L. (?) Tubbs a
male born 1876, John W. Tubbs b. 1874. Lived in Oklahoma. He married a
Maggie. Also had a son called Ruff.. b. 1778, a dau Mable B b. 1880 and another son
Jim. I am not sure where these last children wound up.

John C. Tubbs b. abt 1847 married Frances Duncan. Had 4 children, Laura,
James, Emma and John H. He lived Austin Co. 1880 and I think went to Colorado Co.
in last years.. His daughter Emma born 1875 married a farmer in Colorado Co.

It is possible that there was another son named Wiley. Younger than the
rest.. in 1870 he was in jail in Austin Co. at time of census. He was 17 yrs old at
the time. He married Jennie Olds in Texas. I cannot find them later at all.

Hope to hear from someone out there.

Betty Vaughn

This thread: