TUCKER-L Archives

Archiver > TUCKER > 2005-06 > 1119727831

From: "Marsha Hamilton" <>
Subject: Tucker's of Virginia to North Carolina to Kentucky 1700's 1800's new email address
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:30:31 -0400

Capt. Robert Tucker b abt 1677 in Charles City, Virginia (There is a
lengthy Pedigree for Captain, Robert Tucker in the Ancestral File of the
Family History Library (Mormons). It goes back beyond 1473. I have not had
the time to study to and see what there is on this man, I like to see if I
can prove he is my ancestor. Many of my Tucker Cousins believe he is the
father of our GEORGE TUCKER.

Capt. ROBERT TUCKER above married ELIZABETH COLEMAN (or that is the name
which was given to me....He died May 18, 1750 in Amelia Co., VA. Their
children were GEORGE b abt 1710 md to CATHERINE WORSHAM (which is my
ancestor)...other children of Robert and Elizabeth Coleman-Tucker were
James, Robert, John,

GEORGE TUCKER AND CATHERINE WORSHAM-TUCKER had these children, (my) ROBERT,
md first SARAH "Sally" SMITH and had ANDERSON (who is mine), John Smith,
Paul, Sarah, Silas, Susannah, Robert, George, Jr., Daniel and Elizabeth

ANDERSON TUCKER b bet 1794-96 md NANCY HAWKINS Dec 1815 their children were
JOHN SAMUEL (my ancestor, I have his photo) b Oct 12, 1827 there were 18
children with one set of twins for ANDERSON and NANCY..

JOHN SAMUEL TUCKER b Oct 12, 1827 d 1916 he married MARY MAGDALINE BROOKS
in Campbellsville, Taylor County, Kentucker thi s was the father of REV.
WILLIAM JUDSON TUCKER b Oct 2, 1856 in LARUE CO., KY md MARY CELESTIA BURBA
and they were the parents of my GRANDFATHER, JAMES ELMORE TUCKER b May 19,
1884 d July 28, 1940 md MAUDE ANN DYE ........parents of my mother.

Marsha
Campbellsville, Taylor Co., KY