TUCKER-L Archives

Archiver > TUCKER > 2006-10 > 1162279593

From: "Buckshot" <>
Subject: [TUCKER] Tuckers PA-TN-OH
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:26:33 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to track my Tuckers from Bucks Co., PA, through Washington Co.,
TN to Miami Co., OH.

This would be Abraham Tucker who married Mary Castner Tucker and their
children: Nicolas Tucker, Jacob Tucker, Sarah Tucker, Mitchner Tucker,
Jonathan Tucker, Mary Tucker, Abraham Tucker and Joseph Tucker. All but
Nicolas are listed as born in Washington Co, Tn. or just Tn.

This Abraham Tucker was the son of Abraham Tucker who married Elizabeth
Mitchner Tucker. They lived in Bucks Co., PA. I have almost no other info
on them and can't get back past them. THIS IS THE LOGJAM I AM TRYING TO
BREAK, BUT I DON"T HAVE MUCH INFO TO WORK ON HERE, SO I HAVE INCLUDED LATER
GENERATIONS.

Going forward, the Abraham Tucker who was married to Mary Castner Tucker
died shortly after reaching or while moving to Miami Co., OH. He is listed
as Died 1909, probably in Miami Co., OH. No existing information as to
where he is buried.

His son Jonathan Tucker is my direct line and is my
Great-great-great-grandfather.

This all might be related to some kind of Quaker migration route. The
family was looked after by Quakers in Miami Co., OH after Abraham died, Mary
Castner Tucker remarried to a Samuel Brown who's previous wife's name was
Ann. They were married 5 March 1814. Mary and her children were received
by West Branch MM, Miami Co., OH 15 Nov. 1809. Abraham was deceased by this
time.

Any help, leads or suggestions on how to work this greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Tucker

This thread: