TULL-L Archives

Archiver > TULL > 2003-01 > 1042474350

From: Roy Juch <>
Subject: [TULL] Re: Gladys Forbes Richey
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:12:30 -0600

At 01:38 AM 01/13/2003, Roger Hanneman wrote:

>Hello Roy,
>
>I saw the Glady Forbes Richey info you entered from her files. I wonder
>if you could be of help.
>
>My Mother who is a Forbes descendant worked with Gladys as early as 1959
>on the Forbes line.
>
>Gladys' Forbes line comes from William Forbes in NC.
>MY Forbes line comes from his older brother Caleb.
>
>The info I have shows Gladys had no children. Am I wrong?
>
>I was would like to compare and exchange Forbes information with Gladys'
>niece. Does she use email?
>
>Roger Hanneman

Hello Roger and thanks for contacting me. I and others certainly have
benefited from all the work that Gladys shared with everyone. I have many
copies of her letters concerning the TULL lineage but none on the Forbes
side. I have visited her grave in Windsor Cem., Windsor, Shelby County,
IL. I'm sending this email to our Private Tull Mail List and also to the
rootsweb Mail LIst because I know that many of the members have had direct
dealings with Gladys and maybe her niece. I know for sure that Dave & Barb
TULL have visited with the niece and should be able to answer your
questions. I do have the following on the Forbes line:

Descendants of William Forbes I
1 FORBES, William I b: 1780 in
NC
. 2 FORBES, Unknown II
.... +WILLIAMSON, Susanna
.... 3 FORBES, Alva Ray b: 1886 in Shelby Co.,
IL d: 1961 Burial: Windsor Cem, Shelby Co., IL
....... +ANDERSON, Nancy Alberta b: 1885 in Shelby
Co., IL m: 1907 d: 1976 Burial: Windsor Cem, Shelby Co., IL
....... 4 FORBES, Gladys Mae b: 18 Feb 1916 in Clinton,
DeWitt Co., IL d: 1992 Burial: Windsor Cem, Shelby Co., IL
.......... +RICHEY, Ancil Arthur b: 1913 in Clay
Co., IL m: 1940 d: Jun 1983 Burial: Windsor Cem, Shelby Co., IL
. 2 FORBES, Mary Francis b: 1854 in Shelby
Co, IL
.... +CAIN, William Russell aka: Flute Cain b: 16 Nov 1846 in
Shelby Co., IL m: 2 Jun 1889 in Shelby Co., IL second wife d: 27
Aug 1930

I also believe that the Shelby County Historical/Genealogy Society in
Shelbyville may also be able to help you? Gladys did a lot of work
there. Dave & Barb Tull were trying to get the niece to donate Gladys'
genealogy files to them also.

Good luck.

Roy Juch

This thread: