TUSCOLA-MI-L Archives

Archiver > TUSCOLA-MI > 2004-01 > 1073685718

Subject: [TUSCOLA-MI] Looking for DAUGHTER of James Raeburn Schmidt born in or near Caro, MI 1940-1941-1942
Date: 9 Jan 2004 15:01:58 -0700

Surnames: SCHMIDT
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/2FB.2ACE/883

Message Board Post:

I am looking for a daughter of James Raeburn Schmidt. She may have been adopted.We think she might have been born in Caro, Tuscola, MI or the largest town nearby with a maternity hospital.
He was married for the first time in Michigan in 1941 and he was drafted in 1942 for WWII. I think that is when his first wife filed for divorce and either gave up their daughter for adoption or she remarried and her new husband adopted her. I think either her name of her mother's name was Tracy Elizabeth and her grandparents would have been Alfred James Schmidt and Ruth Myrtle Kidd Schmidt. She might have gone to the folks back in Ayr, Ontario, Canada which is the area where Alfred J. Schmidt originated.
James Raeburn Schmidt was born 8 Dec 1921 and official records list his birthplace as New Orleans, Orelans Parish, Louisiana. He was a rather tall and large guy and was a police officer in Texas for many years. He graduated from Texas Military Institute in either 1940 or 1941 and later graduated from SMU in Dallas, TX later. He had a younger brother named Erle Peyton Schmidt.
James Raeburn Schmidt died 4 Feb 1993 IN the Type Community in Williamson County, TX after long and honorable service in law enforcement and he was still looking for his daughter in MI. I am looking for her too.
If you know who James Raeburn Schmidt married in MI and where and when their daughter was born and what her birth name was and where she is today, PLEASE e-mail me at or or .
Thank you very,very much for any assistance in this important matter! She has nieces, nephews and two sisters she has never met.
She would probably have light brown hair, blue or hazel eyes, be very near-sighted, musicially talented and like to have dogs around her. She might be Jewish, Catholic or Episcopalian.

This thread: