TUTTLE-L Archives

Archiver > TUTTLE > 2001-06 > 0991501385

From: "Patrick Kelly" <>
Subject: [TUTTLE] Re: Jeremiah Tuttle
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 10:03:05 -0700

Hi Janet

My Name is Patrick Kelly my grandmother was Emma Esther Tuttle, b. Steptoe Butte, Washington Territory, 1881. Her father was George Tuttle son of Jeremiah Tuttle. Jeremiah Tuttle was the son of Jeremiah Tuttle b 16 Jan 1778, Goshen NY. His wife was Clarissa )Powell b. 15 Nov 1779 VT and d. 05 Jul 1863. This Jeremiah had 11 children two died during child birth. the children are; Julanah b. 24 Aug 1799 Addison Co. Vt, Elijah b. 28 Jul 1801 VT or Ont Can., Fanny b. 23 Jul 1803, VT or Ont Can., John Nelson 27 Jul 1805 Dundas Co Ont., Elanson 18 Sep 1807 Dundas Co Ont., Sybil b. 230Jun 1810 Dundas Co, Ont., Clarissa Minerva, b. 30 May 1812, Dundas Co, Ont., Sally b. 29 Mar 1817 Dundas Co.Ont., and my gggrandfather Jeremiah Tuttle 21 Aug 1819 Dundas Co. Ont. His wife name was Sarah Esther Monk Tuttle, b. 02 Dec 1824, Montpelier VT. Jeremiah brother Elijah m. Diana Gervis or Serviss they had two children; Jeremiah b. 24 Jul 1830 Matilda, Dundas Co. Ont he married Sar!
ah E. Markley b. 1837 Ont CA. the second child of Elijah and Diana was Prob. Reuben Tuttle, b. 1832 m. Elizabeth Cooper b.1832 d. 1903 both bur Iroquois Cem Dundas Co.
Now your Jeremiah and Sarah Markley had 14 children, the first , fifth and eight and ninth died at birthor infancy. 2. George Elijah 07 Apr 1856, (all children born in Dundas Co, Ont CA). m. Martha Salina Shell, 3. James Wesley b. 03 Oct 1856 m. Mary Eams, 4. Charles Nelson 20 Oct 1860, m. Effie Lane.
6. Ruth Emily b. 23 Nov 1863 unmarried. 7. Mary Annabelle, b. 18 Mar 1865. unmarried. 10. Fanny , b. 1871, marreid Partridge. 11. Maude, b. 1873 married James Miller. 12. Minnie b. 1870's, married James Rose. 13 Lillian b.1870's unmarried. 14. ida, b. 1870's m. William Wilson.

Janet, I have the children of Jeremiah children let me know and I will forward you what I have on them.

I was planning to head to Dundas County this year but I have had to change my plans for at least 24 months. My bride of 40years will retire and we can make the trip together. Pat I will be heading to California next month to see some of the family and try to find out information on the Fraters side of the family, in Reedley and Lemoore. Should be on the road about four to six weeks. Will stop and see you and also Oceanside, San Luis Obispo, Sunnyside, Sacramento, San Francisco, Auburn and Eureka.It will be agreat run, a lot of libraries to see., Should be able to put a lot of things together by the time I get back.

Tracking back we go hurry July

Pat