TX-CollinCoGS-L Archives

Archiver > TX-CollinCoGS > 2007-07 > 1185477202

From: Nancy J Smith <>
Subject: Re: [TX-COLLINCOGS] Library Usage Poll
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:13:22 -0500

>LIBRARY USAGE POLL
>
>IN GENERAL:
>
>1. How frequently do you visit a library for the purpose of
> genealogical research?

Rarely due to location of current library. Prefer
Haggard Library location. Also, the current Genealogical section at
Harrington is not private; tables and computers are not available for
research, but used by general public. Only CCGS Lock-ins make it
conducive for research, and I attend most of them.

>2. Which days of the week do you prefer?

Friday evenings and all day Saturday

>3. What hours are best for you?

Evenings after 6:00 PM and weekends.

>4. What is the average length of time per visit?

4 to 6 hours

>5. List days or times when you are unable to visit your library
> due to time constraints, work, or family obligations:

Never daytimes Monday through Friday (8:00 AM to 6:00 PM).

>SPECIFIC TO PLANO PUBLIC LIBRARY SYSTEM:
>
>6. What features do you like about the Genealogy Section located
> at Harrington Library?

Microfilms, all the books with information from other states,
maps, computer access, tables to work on.

>7. What changes would you like to see regarding materials,
> equipment, or services in the genealogy department?

Better access to computers without having to wait for
children to stop playing on them. Dedicated computers for Genealogy.
Weekend access to the research information needed.