TX-CollinCoGS-L Archives

Archiver > TX-CollinCoGS > 2012-02 > 1328597869

From: "donita.odonnell" <>
Subject: [TX-COLLINCOGS] CCGS Surname Registry ID:S0841
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 00:57:49 -0600

I am searching for my gr gr gr grandfather, John Robinson and wf. Mary Ann Geldart for whom I have a photo taken in Plano, TX probably in the 1850s or 1860s. They are on the 1851 and 1861 Canada Census, and he died before she in 1866, bu. in New Brunswick, Canada. He b. 1795 (prob. 4 Jan, prob. England) and she b. 1801 in Cloverdale, Nb, Canada. It is possible they were only visitors to TX . . . maybe to Robinson relatives (Fa. believed to be Wm, sons' names inc. Joseph, Wm., Robert D., Edward Chauncey, James "Harry," and Elias.) I believe we have accounted for all of these sons in Canada or East Coast of US, but they may be named after an uncle or father who came here from England, maybe in 1817. Any possibility my family connects to the Robinson you list?

I am also looking for tips on researching in that area of TX as I winter in the RG Valley.
Donita Robinson-ODonnell

This thread: