TX-JEWISH-L Archives

Archiver > TX-JEWISH > 2003-05 > 1054267871

From: "Brian & Kendra Brown2" <>
Subject: [TX-JEWISH] Roll Call: Grammer, Jones, Champion, Hindman
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:11:25 -0500

I am searching for info on my gg-grandfather John M Grammar/er (unsure of
spelling at this point). He has been a family mystery for some time as his
wife would never speak of him other than to say that he was a good man.
Below is what little information I know...

John M Grammar born about 1856 in Mississippi (?), parents unknown but born
in Alabama or Georgia. JM married Susan P Champion in Limestone Co. TX in
1875. In 1880 Census they are found in Hunt Co with two daughters, Lillia
3yrs & Ella 1 yr. Susan was pregnant with my grandfather at the time of the
Census (he was born in Dec 1880). In 1882 Susan remarried CC Jones in
Limestone Co. They went on to have 8 more children.

It is speculated that JM died and is buried in either, Limestone Co., Hunt
Co. or Falls Co. but it is not known when or how he died.

JM's son, William Henry Grammer, married Laura B Hindman....I have some
other info on them - Chillicothe/Vernon, TX.

If any of this makes a connection, please let me know. Any help would be
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kendra
Burleson, TX