TXCOLL-N-L Archives

Archiver > TXCOLL-N > 2002-09 > 1032329886

From: (edward wright)
Subject: Re: [TXCOLLIN CO.] Where is Coffman, Texas??
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 01:18:20 -0500 (CDT)

--WebTV-Mail-17164-5341

James, Now we researchers have some meat to sink our teeth into. Thank
you.
The community of Coffman was located on the West side of State Highway
75 and North of McKinney, TX and South of Anna, TX in Collin Co., TX.
The Community of Coffman was named for John COFFMAN and his pioneer
family who moved to Collin Co., TX in the early 1840s. John was born in
!804 and died in 1880. He was the 3rd person buried in the Coffman
Cemetery.
The Community of Coffman was in Precinct # 5 of Collin Co. in the 1870s,
1880s and 1890s. There are many FARIES buried, but only in the Pecan
Grove Memorial Park Cemetery in McKinney, TX. None are recorded as Moses
FARIES. And there are also numerous SCOTTs buried in the Pecan Grove
Cemetery and in quite a few other Collin Co., TX cemeteries. I could not
find a William Wallace SCOTT in Pecan Grove, but there is a William D.
and a W. M. SCOTT. There are no FARIES buried in the Coffman Cemetery or
anyplace else in Collin Co., except in Pecan Grove Cemetery in McKinney.
At this moment, it appears quite likely that your Sarelda Jane SCOTT was
residing in or near the Community of Coffman, Collin Co., TX with her
step-father, mother and family and met Moses FARIES and they married and
resided in or near Coffman, Collin Co., TX until after the birth of
their first son, Dave W. FARIES. Then, they moved to Alvarado, Johnson
Co., TX, which is South of Ft. Worth.
Only tax or land records may provide clearer answers or the illusive
marriage record. I do not believe that your Dave W. FARIES was born in
the city of Kaufman, Kaufman Co., TX, which is Southeast of Dallas, TX
and about a 45 minutes drive today! I will investigate further, but
after others read this reply; I'm certain there will be additional
opinions. Ted in Dallas

--WebTV-Mail-17164-5341