TXGRIMES-L Archives

Archiver > TXGRIMES > 2004-01 > 1073894028

Subject: [TXGRIMES] Slave Plantations Grimes County, TX
Date: 12 Jan 2004 00:53:48 -0700

Surnames: White,Powell,Foster
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/JiB.2ACE/530

Message Board Post:

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain information on slave plantations and their owners for the Grimes County Texas area. I am trying to find out what plantation my gggrandfatherr lived on. His name was David White and I believe he was born in Houston, TX about 1844. The information regarding his place of birth came from the death certificate of one of his sons. David appeared on the 1870 Census in Grimes County, Navasota township.

This thread: