TXLAMAR-L Archives

Archiver > TXLAMAR > 2009-03 > 1236242465

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TXLAMAR] Davis family from MS to Lamar, TX
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:41:05 -0000

Author: GinaFagan
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.texas.counties.lamar/3782.1.1.1.1.1.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi drdixon, Yes, I found her death certificate. She is buried in Paris, in the Mcdonald Cemetery. That is just outside in the Atlas area. It states she was living in Broadway, Tx just a few miles from Atlas, when she died. It does say, Ferry Morris, died, 15,Jun. 1918. in Lamar Co, Tx. She was born on 26,Mar. !889, in Mississippi. States her father was J. Davis, and mother was Liza Stringfellow. The person that filled out the d.cert. was J.N. Davis, actually it also says she was living in Clardy, whick is also right outside of Paris too. That was a bit confusing. Is she Henrietta,s sister? Henrietta,s death cert. I could not find. What was her name spelled, I tried to put it in everyway I could, but could not find anything. I did find that Etta Williams was also orphaned as a child, and lived in Red River Co, Tx when she was a child. I could not find anything on Harry Johnson either.
I did locate the Eliza Davis, No date on her birth, but, that was confusing too, on the death certificate, it was almost blank, and had 2 cemeteries listed. She is in an unmarked grave, in either, the Brackeen Cemetery, or the Wooldridge Cemetery. The Brackeen Cemetery, is a family cemetery, my husband,s side. I really don,t think she is there. I have never come across any Davis,s on my husbands side. It is probably the Wooldridge Cemetery. It is an old country cemetery, that was for the community, and out by Atlas area. Who is she? Would that be Luiza?
I will look again on Henrietta and see if I can find her. was she a Johnson when she died?
I also found a Harry L. Johnson, Infant son of Henrietta Davis, and Harry L Johnson, born, 9-14-1933, in Gray Co Tx, and I found a census, that I think is Henrietta, in Lee Co,Tx, but I am not sure about that. I thought they stayed in Lamar Co. They sure moved around alot. Well, this is what I have found so far. If you can think of anything to add that would help. Talk to you later. Vidia

Important Note: