TXLAMAR-L Archives

Archiver > TXLAMAR > 2012-01 > 1326056087

From: Mary Walthall <>
Subject: Re: [TXLAMAR] Death and Cemetery Records
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 12:54:47 -0800 (PST)

Susan, that is wonderful. The library just keeps growing and getting better.
It takes everyone working together to make advances and the advances Tony is
making are amazing. The Abstract books will such a good help to visitors to
the library. The librarians there are so very knowledgeable of what is in the
library and where to find it. You are correct that many things can be found in
the abstract records. The same is true for the Deed records in the court
house. Many years ago, while researching my family, I founda record that was
inserted in the deed book pertaining to a probate record which stated, that a
baby had been left on the doorstep of this family and the family took the baby
boy in and raised him as their own, but was never legally adopted. Something
like that really makes you start searching more. Thanks to Tony and Susan as
well as so many others who make the library tick.
Mary

Mary (Stinson) Claunch-Walthall
Genealogy is a Labor of Love