TXWOOD-L Archives

Archiver > TXWOOD > 2000-08 > 0967411867

From: "Donna" <>
Subject: TX-Cemeteries
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 16:31:07 -0500

Hello,

I am proud to announce the creation of a new mail list called TX-Cemeteries.

This list has the encouragement of Gerron S. Hite, Cemetery Preservation
Coordinator in the History Programs Division of the Texas Historical
Commission
and he's excited at the opportunity to share his feelings about our cemetery
preservation to a large group all at once

Others that have been notified, Lee Campbell, Past Representative for the
Texas State Genealogical Society {and my cousin} and her friend, Past
President of the TSGS Wanda Donaldson.

I've let all the following people know about the list and they may join from
time to time. Yvonne Pickens, current President of the TSGS. Trey Holt,
coordinator for the Texas GenWeb. Wyndell Taylor, creator of GA Cherokee
County GenWeb page, {and my cousin}. <Smile> I just have a lot of cousins
!!!!

The main focus of this list will be to locate and catalogue our endangered
cemeteries. Gerron Hite has obtained a new program to help us give our
cemeteries "Historic Texas Cemetery Designation". He is willing to help us
learn how to accomplish this designation. This will also be a topic for us
to address.

I am an experienced RootsWeb mail list admin. Currently I manage the mail
list for VARoots, SC-Old Pendleton-District, and the Brand surname list. I
am also experienced in the survey of large and small cemeteries.

In addition to the topics above there will be discussions on how to preserve
and restore old monuments with the help of a caretaker with over 25 years
experience.

To join the mail list simply send a message to
with only the word subscribe in the
subject line and nothing else. If you prefer the Digest send a message to
with only the word subscribe in the
subject line and nothing else.

I look forward to seeing you there,

Respectfully,