TXWOOD-L Archives

Archiver > TXWOOD > 2005-08 > 1125410286

From: Linda Dickinson <>
Subject: Re: [TXWOOD] TXWOOD] John Daniel
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:58:06 -0500

Martha,
I have a John Daniel who married Elizabeth Tucker in Alabama in 1850.
The 1880 census shows them in Bell Co TX. Elizabeth's brother Thomas
J Tucker came to Texas before she did. He settled his family in Woods
Co TX.

I have information on John and Elizabeth's children also if that
might help us find a connection. Do you know of any connection?

Linda Dickinson

On Aug 30, 2005, at 12:36 AM, Martha Boggs wrote:

> My DANIEL ancestors lived in Wood Co. They originated in SC,
> Laurens Co.
> There were WRIGHTs and PUGHs related. I wonder if they could be
> related to
> yours. My John DANIEL was born about 1800 in Laurens Co. SC. His
> father
> was John B. DANIEL, b.c. 1769 in Virginia, and he married Mary
> PUGH, also
> born in Virginia. John B.'s brother Harrison DANIEL was married to
> Susannah
> WRIGHT. John DANIEL (1800) married Elizabeth JACKS in Jefferson
> Co., AL in
> 1820. They lived in Jefferson Co., AL, moved to Fayette Co., MS
> about 1830,
> then to Yalobusha Co., MS about 1838, and to Upshur Co., TX about
> 1856, then
> to Wood Co.
>
> Martha Daniel Boggs

This thread: