TYREE-L Archives

Archiver > TYREE > 2004-09 > 1094532161

Subject: Tyre/Tyree Family of Virginia
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:42:44 EDT

African-American

Tyree:
I am looking to find info on my family and maybe find some family ties here.
My Great Great Grandmother was Nancy Tyree Smith. Her parents were Amanda
& Thomas Tyree of Albemarle County, Virginia. Nancy married James Smith and
their children were my Great Grandfather Richard, Patsy, Amanda, John and
Louisa.

Tyre:
Two weeks ago I was on a website regarding free African-Americans and
uncovered persons I believe to be in my family. The info started with a Jane Tyre
born approx. 1702 (North Carolina.) She was the mother of a "Mulatto"
daughter Rachel and a "Black" son William. Eventually going down the line all the
info leads to Albemarle County, Virginia and a Sam Tyree who married a Nancy
Tyree. Sam and Nancy were the parents of James registered in Louisa County,
Virginia as a free Negro and also William who was a free man of color.

Before coming across the info above I never thought of the Tyree variation
spelling of Tyre. Do any of you think you have any connections to these
families? I would like to hear from you! Also if you want more info on my family
or need dates etc, I would be happy to send it to you.

Blessings,
Andrea Parrish
Charlottesville, Virginia

My Family Tree Includes:
Parrish, Solomon, Wright, Lindsay, Harris, Mills, Johnson, Randolph, Murray,
Magruder, Jones, Boykin, Gwynn, Burley, Goodall, Strother, Smith,
Tyre/Tyree, Brown, Wheeler, Carpenter

"Genealogy, life in the past lane"

This thread: