TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 1998-02 > 0886972685

From: Sharon <>
Subject: Re: TheShipsList-D Digest V98 #87
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 13:18:05 -0800

Juanita DaCosta wrote:
> Hello, I am inteerested in # 8, learning where to go to find the actual
> lists of Ships passengers from Ireland,England,Wales and Jamaica.
> Thanks, Juanita Dacosta

Hi Juanita!

Most people don't have any idea what your talking about as far as "#8".
Not all folks on the list get the Digest - they are subbed in regular mail
mode so #8 means nothing to them.

When you post a request, you need to be specific about what your looking for.
And use the Subject Line appropiately - so it reflects the subject of your

ALSO - Check out our previous Online Digests and/or searchable database of
messages. You will find information on how to post a request for a lookup,
plus answers to many common questions. Also links to MANY sites containing
passenger lists/lists of ships and other important emigration information.

TheShipsList Digest's On-Line at: is a database archive of postings to
The Ship's List. It is "full-text indexed", so it is fully searchable by
word or phrase.

Good Luck!
Sharon Todtenbier
Co-owner TheShipsList©