TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 1998-03 > 0889169074

From: "Paige Cotcamp" <>
Subject: [TSL] Lookup: Bremen->Baltimore 1854, Weser
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 23:24:34 -0800

To all:

I am searching for records on the bark "Weser" which sailed from Bremen,
Germany to Baltimore, MD. It arrived in Baltimore on July 17, 1854.
Specifically, I am looking for records on:

Freidrich Kottkamp & family
and
Theodore Nolte & family

The names are NOT in the manifests of "Germans to America". However, I have
found these names listed in Filby & Lower's 1989 Supplement to "Passenger
and Immigration Lists Index". The index shows the source document for these
names as "Prichett, Morgan and Klaus, Wust., 'German Immigrants to
Baltimore: The Passenger Lists of 1854.' in 'The Report: A Journal of
German American History.', Part I, vol 38 (1982), pages 52-109."

I have been unable to find a library which holds "The Report". Is anyone
able to locate this publication? I would greatly appreciate a copy of the
contents of page 91, or at least a detailed listing of the passenger
information shown on that page. Specifically, I am trying to determine the
villages they came from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Paige Cotcamp