TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 1998-07 > 0900605586

From: <>
Subject: [TSL] Ship Billinder "Townsend"
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:13:06 EDT

My ancester Conrad Reinhardt is said to have come from Germany with a group of
Palatines on the ship Billinder "Townsend" docking in Philadelphia, Cotober 5,
1737.

I have no record of his birthdate, whether his wife was with him and exactly
where in Germany he lived. I need some help 1. with the name of the ship -
what does Billinder mean and is that part of the ship's name? 2. What
information about the ship is there to be had? 3. Can I confirm that Conrad
was on this ship, and were there any other family members aboard?

If there is anyone who can help me with the above I would be most
appreciative. Thanks, Judy Bankson

This thread: