TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2000-03 > 0953959524

From: "Geraldine Donaldson" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Liverpool>NY 1857 Benjamin Adams
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 23:45:24 -0500

BENJAMIN ADAMS
"Benjamin Adams," 1170 tons, 187' x 37' x 18', built 1852 by William
Drummond at Bath, Maine; John Drummond, Captain. This large 3-master,
hailing from New York, was built with 3 decks, a square stern, and a
billethead. Among her owners were the Drummonds (including the master),
Gilbert C. Trufant, William Tapscott, and George B. Cornish--all prominent
in the Yankee sea trade. After 14 years of service, the Benjamin Adams was
lost at sea in 1866. --from Ships, Saints, and Mariners by Conway B.
Sonne: - [Posted to The ShipsList by Diane Epperson - 30 March 1998]

Geri