TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2000-07 > 0963162131

From: "Don Hazeldine" <>
Subject: [TSL] Fw: The Kapunda
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:02:11 +0100

Lynn Orwin asks

I am trying to find out more about a ship called the Kapunda which sank
off the coast of Brazil in January 1887. Two of the passengers are
commemorated in our local church yard and I would like to be able to
tell the pupils I teach more about their story. I understand from other
records that the ship was bound for Queensland and had completed the
journey a number of times. I would be interested in any passenger
lists, newspaper accounts or other information relating to the ship.

Many Thanks, Lynn Orwin

(the only Kapunda I have details of is the Melbourne Steamship Company's
ship 1908-1915. Is that a clue? Don)

This thread: