TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2000-11 > 0974225588

From: Sue Swiggum< >
Subject: Re: [TSL] USS Gen Taylor - 1950 - Germany > NY
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:13:08 -0400

At 07:02 PM 2000-11-13 -0800, Clare Szilagyi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for the passenger list, the destination port, and general
information for the USS General Taylor which brought European refugees/DPs
from Germany (Bremen or Hamburg?) to NY in July 1950.

>I came over with my parents, Kornel and Klara Kovats and am trying to find
out whether we landed on Ellis Island and if not, then where?

Hi Clare,

This particular "General" is just showing one US arrival with passengers in
1950.

GENERAL HARRY TAYLOR carrying displaced persons from German Ports, arrived
at New York, NY 17th July, 1950 with 1,019 passengers. I can't advise
about where to find the passenger list, but at least now you have a date to
work with.

Good Luck,

Sue
--