TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2001-01 > 0980108221

From: Debra Allen <>
Subject: [TSL] ukraine/poland> canada, 1902
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:17:01 -0500

looking for info on the family of my gfather, carmen KRUDZO, b. july,
1901 (possibly in poland), who immigrated to sclater/pine river area of
manitoba. family name originally was KUKURYDZA, (literal translation =
corn; spelling uncertain); name of native village also unknown but was
told it was located on a very large river. carmen's father was john,
mother was either mary or ann. her maiden name was TRUSH, and family
believed to be from the ukraine, near poland's border. john's
father-in-law's given name was hnot. hnot's occupation involved working
for a lord as some kind of supervisor over the workers it is thought.
my dad never knew his father and it's taken over 48 years to learn this
much, so ANY info relating in any way to this family would be most
gratefully and sincerely appreciated. thanks.

This thread: