TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2001-03 > 0983823653

From: "Wayne Gietzen" <>
Subject: [TSL]
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:20:53 -0800

Ahoy there,

I have 3 questions for all you ship experts.

1- Is there any estimated time that it normally to
immigrant ships to sail from Germany &
England to New York?

2- does anyone know where I can get a photo
of the ship "Rhine"?

3- My Great Grand father sailed on the Sail, "SS Calabria" out of Liverpool in 1872. Can anyone tell me if the custom at that time would have been for the Calabria to sail from Germany and then pick up passengers in England, or would my GGranfather traveled to England by other means>

I do appricate any help that can be given.

Wayne gietzen
Concord, Ca.

This thread: