TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2001-04 > 0987630179

From: Ellen Naliboff <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Re: Ellis Island
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:45:33 -0700

The name of the passenger is the most important item you need.
Go to these URLs for Frequently Asked Questions about passenger lists.
http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/faq.html#Passenger
Here is the URL for The National Archives, with links to information
available on all ports and the appropriate microfilm series.
http://www.nara.gov/publications/microfilm/immigrant/immpass.html#portindex
http://globalgazette.net/backtop.htm for "Searching Passenger Lists
Using the LDS Family History Library Catalog."
Tony Cimorelli's Searchable Database of Ship Arrivals 1890-1930 contains
the complete Morton Allan Directory of Ship Arrivals in a searchable
database for ship arrivals which includes every passenger ship that
arrived between 1890 and 1930 at the Port of New York, and for the years
1904 to 1926 at the Ports of Baltimore, Boston and Philadelphia.
Information supplied is the ship's name, date of arrival, and steamship
line, port of departure and port of arrival. You can find ships by date,
name, or by name/date combination.
http://www.cimorelli.com/safe/shipmenu.htm
Ellen