TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2001-04 > 0987682174

From: "Provost, Gilbert" <>
Subject: [TSL] REGINA / ROSE / PHANTOM etc.
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:09:34 -0400

Hello Tom. The REGINA you are looking for is a different vessel than the one
listed on my webpage, and I have not traced TELEGRAPH nor ALPHA, yet. But,
here are the details I found for the other 3 vessels:

REGINA - 1845
Master: Captain W. Ellery
Rigging: Schooner; partly fastened with iron bolts
Tonnage: 103 tons using old measurements and 91 tons using new measurements
Construction: 1840 on Prince Edward Island, using Black Birch, Hackmatac &
Pine; new keelson in 1844
Owners: H. Ellis
Port of registry: Plymouth
Port of survey: Plymouth
Voyage: sailed on Coastal Trade

ROSE - 1845
Master: Captain Tullock
Rigging: Schooner; fastened with iron bolts
Tonnage: 65 tons
Construction: 1818 in Saltish; new deck in 1833; new keel & some repairs in
1840; repairs to damages in 1841
Owers: H. Ellis, Sr.
Port of registry: Plymouth
Port of survey: Plymouth
Voyage: sailed on Coastal Trade

PHANTOM - 1852
Master: Captain M. Tullock
Rigging: Schooner; fastened with iron bolts
Tonnage: 137 tons using old measurements and 113 tons using new
measurements
Construction: 1845 on Prince Edward Island
Owners: R. Pope
Port of registry: Newport
Port of survey: Newport
Voyage: sailed on Coastal Trade