TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2001-04 > 0987984172

From: (carolyn erickson)
Subject: [TSL] Ellis Island
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:02:52 -0500 (CDT)

Just one little more tidbit on the Ellis Island info.
I only had two grandparents that fell into that frame and guess what
neither showed up at that data base. Did you watch Titanic? Well, I
think my ggrandfather won the tickets , somehow from someone and used
his name to come over. He is not listed at all and he had a 5year old
son with him, my grandfather, who was probably hidden in his baggage. I
say this because my grandpa said he could never leave the country or
they wouldn't let him back in.
Don't want to dissappoint anyone with horror stories but things like
this did happen. I do wish everyone better luck than I had.

This thread: