TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2001-07 > 0995415836

From: "Phil Spriggs" <>
Subject: [TSL] Baden,Germany to Baltimore 1835-40
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:23:56 -0400

George Zais filed intent for citizenship in 1840 so to be eligible( 5 years)
he would have had to arrive no later than 1835. The Baltimore Port was
usually the destination of most persons settling in Allegany County, Md. I
have letters(written in German) dated 1842-43 to George from his son,
Frederick, stating that his things had just arrived and he was trying to get
settled in Baltimore. I have not been able to find George or Frederich on a
ships list. Mary was George's second wife. I think she came to the States
with George as Frederick mentions visiting her family before he came to the
States. I would appreciate any information anyone may have of Ships that
may list George and Frederick Zais.

Thank Phil

This thread: