TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2001-07 > 0996629452

From: Debbie Manning <>
Subject: [TSL] Dorothea & Louise Bremen to New York September 1836
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:30:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello to all!
Forgive me if this is not the proper list for my
inquiry, if it is not, please point me in the
direction of the correct list.

I am trying to locate any information concerning the
ship my ancestors traveled on. I have the ships
passenger list of the Dorothea & Louise (Louis ?),
which departed Benemn and arrived in New York on 16 or
18 September 1836. The copy is extremely poor, I
can't very well make out much, Captain's name, etc.
Miracle of miracles, I was able to locate quite
clearly, my ancestors names! Now I would like to
find out any information concerning the ship itself,
how long was the trip from Germany to the US, life
aboard the ship, etc.

Also, my ancestors last settlement is listed as
"Dachsbach", Bayern. How wouldthey have traveled to
Bremen, was this a long trip, etc. ANY information
would be so very appreciated!
Thank you all for you time. please reply to Debbie at

thanks again!
Debbie