TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2002-02 > 1012592028

From: (Sue Swiggum)
Subject: ADMIN Re: [TSL] Global Genealogy 2/1/02
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:33:48 -0400

At 01:30 PM 2002-02-01 EST, wrote:
>Why is this organization, Global Genealogy, allowed to advertise today on a
>rootsweb site?

Questions of this nature are off-topic for the list (and should be sent
privately to me), but I am answering it here.

Simply said, Global Genealogy produces a wonderful free "E-zine" called
Global Gazette http://globalgazette.net/ which is is happily shared with
list members and also to individuals on a seperate subscriber list. Global
Genealogy also periodically sends a "What's New" message, which is what
accidently posted to the list last night, followed by another copy posted
by one of the subscibers of TheShipsList with the message:
<<Hi everyone
I thought that this might help I just got this and with everyone asking
about CDs they might want to look at some of these deals below great news
letter too I hope that you all enjoy it as much as I do>>

This error has been rectified, and list members will only receive the
periodic Global Gazette mail here in future. Caveat - I do not moderate
TheShipsList, so I cannot anticipate any message a member of this list may
send (such as yours & the post by the other subscriber) and can only react
after the fact, as I am doing now.

Thank you!

Sue
-- ps. I just saw James message too and I don't understand the comment.
James, unless you are personally subscribed, there would be no list for you
to be removed from.
Sue & Gery Swiggum
co-owners TheShipsList©
mailto: