TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2002-02 > 1013195636

From: "Bruce & Laurie" <>
Subject: [TSL] Naturalization papers
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:13:56 -0600

Hi List,
Since I have not had luck with the GTA books in finding my brother and sister GOHR, I assume I should try and find Johann Gohr's naturalization papers.
According to the Voters register in Chicago His date of Papers was 1884, Court of Cook County.
What is my next step in finding these? Would it be to write the courts in Chicago, or is this something done through the archives?
And if so, is there a web site or a someone who can tell the me process?

Also I am not sure it the word "Papers" means his first papers? As this may not be his Naturalization date. Also once I obtain the documentation, would they have listed the port and ship, along with arrival date?

My goal to to view the manifest.
Thanks
Laurie

This thread: