TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2002-02 > 1014507041

From: Sue Swiggum <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Florio
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:31:22 -0400

At 10:57 AM 2002-02-23 -0500, Diane Cardin wrote:
>Hello List!
>
>I'm looking for any information on my great grandparents who came from
Italy (not sure what year - possibly 1880 to1910, or what town they were
from) to Brooklyn, NY. He is Vincenzo Florio (later known as James Frolio)
b. 11 July 1860 and she is Roaria (Bartolomeo) b. 21 Oct. 1859. Their
children were Margaret, Mary, Phillip, Nicholas, Rose, Anne and Theresa -
all born in Brooklyn I think. Any information would be great!

>Thanks,
>Diane

Diane, I found SO many variations of "Vincenzo Florio" on the Ellis Island
database using Steve Morse's Ellis Island in one-step site
http://home.pacbell.net/spmorse/ellis/ellis.html

One, arriving on ALSATIA from Naples arriving at New York 1900-10-17 had a
38 yr old Vincenzo with wife Rosaria, age 26!! and with son Nicolino aged
9. This is just an example. They were going to his brother & sister,
Dominica and Maria in New York. There were other "Florio" listed below
them. Ellis Island has him listed as "Vincenjo Florio" if you want to
check this one out. You will probably have fun and frustration searching
the site, but good luck! (hint: just use V for first name, Flori for
second name, and always use "lower case" with ship names eg. Alsatia)

Sue
--
Sue & Gery Swiggum

This thread: