TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2002-05 > 1022860122

From: John Bergvall <>
Subject: [TSL] Re: Immigration Question
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 10:48:42 -0500

I have petition for naturalization for a man named August Frolander.
Possibly married to a sister of my Grandmother.

Emigrated from Ostaforssa (that is how looks like it is spelled)
Gottenborg Sweden Feb 10, 1909.

Born Jan 26, !885 Ostaforssa Sweden. Arrived Port of New York Feb 22,
1909 on the Mauritana.

Ellis Island card shows Langsele as home and there is no image for the
manifest.

Does anyone know where Ostaforssa is in Sweden. I understand that
Gottenborg is Goteborg now.

This should be on a different list but i cannot seem to find a list that
covers questions lke this. The Sweden list does not seem to exist now.

John

This thread: