TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2002-07 > 1027612130

From: Sue Swiggum <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Fw: Ship Amazon/1847
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:56:45 -0300

At 04:41 AM 2002-07-25 -0400, John H. Swanson wrote:

>Hi Listers:
>
>I am looking for the passenger list and the particulars of the ship
Amazon which sailed from Liverpool date unknown and arrived at Saint John
NB on June 18, 1847.

>Any information will be deeply appreciated.
>
>Thank you
>
>Herbie from New Hamppshire, USA

Herbie, to add a bit to what Marj has posted, there were TWO Amazons
sailing to St. John in 1847. The ship Amazon, Captain Pearson, sailed from
Hull, and arrived May 5th. The bark Amazon, Captain Hays, departed
Liverpool April 23rd and arrived at St. John on May 25th with passengers.

Our June newspapers have no mention of an "Amazon" so I think the May 25th
one is yours. The deaths of the bark Amazon passengers in the quarantine
hospital are listed in the July newspapers.

Sue
--
Sue & Gery Swiggum

This thread: