TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2002-08 > 1029026558

From: "fritzh31" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Arrival of ship "Miirror" - New York - 1820
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:51:53 -0500

The US started keeping arriving passenger lists in 1820. To the extent the
originals survived until the age of microfilming, they can be accessed on
microfilms at the National Archives, your nearest Mormon Family History
Center, and maybe at your local public library (depending on how active a
genealogical section your library has). Those microfilms are organized by
port, date of arrival at the port, and then in order of arrival at the port.

If you get lucky you might find the list for the "Mirror" in the New York
lists for 1820. Good luck in accessing the lists at any of the above three
potential sources.

Fritz