TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2002-09 > 1032530024

From: "Leslie Shuster" <>
Subject: [TSL] The Anderson <--->Rotterdam<---->Europa (Europe)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:53:44 -0400

I am hunting for the birth location of Johannes Heinrich Schuster. A Johannes Heinrich Schuster is listed on the manifest of the ship, "The Anderson" coming into this 'New land' Americas in 1750. On his headstone (now located in Stillwater New Jersey) is stated, "Here lies with God Johannes Heinrich Schuster born in 1720 in Birschdorf Europa." He was married to Maria Gertraut Glockner in 1740 and likely came to the 'New Land' after his marriage to Maria. We do not know the location of Birschdorf, if in fact that is the correct spelling of the likely German town/village/hamlets name. Does anyone know of a Birschdorf, Europa, (Europe) and/or the origin (that is the port/ports the ship left from) of the ship, "the Anderson"? Has anyone ran across this name of Birschdorf before? It is spelled quite plan and clear on the headstone. Thank you, Leslie Shuster

This thread: