TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2003-04 > 1050070936

From: "Lorine McGinnis Schulze" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Information please
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:22:16 -0400

On 11 Apr 2003 at 10:13, wrote:

> I recently saw mentioned on a list (I think TSL) passenger
> books of J&J Cook
> from Londonderry to Philadelphia, circa 1847-1871. Also The
> Hawks Papers. Can someone tell me where I might access these
> sources? Are they books or are they films? Thanks, LoisZ

Hi Lois

I have many ships from the J & J Cooke records on my website.
If you are looking for ships to PA from that record source,
please start at

The ships are arranged chronologically so just skim down til
you get to 1847. :-)

The Hawke Papers, letterbooks of Chief Emigrant Agent
Anthony B. Hawke are also available. They cover the years
to 1892. They are available from the Ontario Archives. I have
info on them on my pages at

choose US-SHIPSLISTS-PRE1820 to join USA Ships List
choose CAN-SHIPSLISTS-PRE1865 to join Canadian Ships List

This thread: