TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2003-05 > 1052710475

From: "Joan Vreeland Studer" <>
Subject: [TSL] ships from 1849-1855
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 23:34:35 -0400

I have a seven year period where I can't find my ancestor, Achille Patey,
born in France.
It is during the time he left either France or Switzerland and arrived in
America.
He would have probably been dropped off on the NY or NJ docks.

I've tried to see if there was any exit lists out of those countries in
that time period and ended up at a dead end.
I've tried searching all of the passenger lists coming into New York
between that time frame - nothing

I know he was here, married and had his first child's birth in 1866 in
Jersey City, NJ.
Any suggestions? I don't have a ship's name....is there hope?? I've traced
the Patey family from the 1600's until present day and this is the only gap
I have in their history

Joan

This thread: